Wednesday, October 19, 2011

How did I get here?

Do you ever stop and ponder the thought, "How did I get here?" This is something that I think about often. Changes, of even the smallest magnitude, impact us - today, now.  How did this blog come about?  This blog is inspired by my shop on Etsy which is new, and still has the fresh off the rack from the store scent.  It hasn't developed its own feel and smell quite yet.

Let me share with you some of the history of how I got here.  In October of 2009, I left my job of 8 years, being a professional technology geek.  Why did I do that?  The largest of reasons was the fact that my mother, whom used to watch my children before and after school, entered into hospice care.  She no longer could care for them as she had in the past.  Her health continually declined, and I knew it was time for a change.  So I took a leave from work to stay home with my children.  It was one of the biggest, and most important decisions of my life.  I have never regretted that decision once.

On an already shoe-string, paycheck to paycheck budget, I knew that things needed to change, again.  I needed to find a source of additional income to help dig us out of our debt.  In an already difficult economy and even more difficult job market, things proved to be extremely challenging.  I had a schedule I needed to keep for my families' sake, and finding employment was tricky enough, let alone expecting to find something to work around my schedule.  I've been keeping my eyes open still, and the job search is still on for something I can do from home, or within my time constraints. 

Then, in a moment of supporting brilliance, my husband says to me "Why don't you work for yourself from home, with an online shop?" It seemed a little too simple.  I shrugged it off, at first, it sounded wonderful, and too good to be true.  But why?  Why would it have to be too good to be true?  Why couldn't I make it happen?  Suddenly, I felt myself become more intrigued and inspired by the challenge.  I could.  I can.  I will.  I am.  I say these things, even without my first sale.  I know the best things are worth waiting for.  I continue to work at it.  It is not easy.  It truly IS work.  It's still a baby, in it's infant stage.  Right now I am guiding and helping it grow into something that smells like success.  This is how http://KJsnaturallycreative.etsy.com was born. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.  Keep creating, even when the effort seems moot.  Change it; embrace the change.  Make your future brighter than the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment