Saturday, October 22, 2011

A job?

Last night, I didn't sleep very soundly.  This morning rolls in, and ahhhh, sweet sleeping in bliss was taking over.  The bed was toasty warm.  I was getting caught up on some missing slumber when my cell phone rings.  It announced "call from...." and rattled off some random, but local, digits.  I didn't recognize the number, but for some reason I answered the call.  Normally I let the calls that I don't know ring to voicemail, but not today. 

"Hello?" I answered in my 'you didn't just wake me up, I'm WIDE awake' voice.  I hear an older man's voice on the line (can people still use that term with cell phones? on the line?) and he introduced himself.  He mentioned having received my resume in the mail back in September.  It was for a job that I had already convinced myself that someone had already been hired for, with little way to follow-up on - short of another letter.  It was sent into a PO Box at the local newspaper, so I really wasn't sure where I was applying, but only for the position of a medical transcriptionist.  I haven't had any specific training in that area, but I am very technically skilled and type very well.  I have a strong attention to detail, I can type well, and I am a fast learner.  It was a job that was not full time, and I would be able to work from within my own home.  It seemed too good to be true, and when I hadn't heard back, I figured I just wasn't qualified.  It was a job that had been filled before he'd received my resume, he told me.

But then...

It wasn't working out.  He was interested in my resume.  He is going to contact a former employee that used to work for him and see if she could stop by and teach me what I needed to know.  I am now waiting for a call from her.  I am beyond excited.  I hope to hear something soon, so I can get started right away.  They pay is more than minimum wage, I won't need to spend money to refresh my wardrobe, and the gas usage with my car will be minimal, as he's right here in my town.  The turn around time is every 72 hours.  So, 3 days a week I'd be going to get work, and deliver work.  That is perfect.  I can work it into my routine of the daily runs with the kids to and from school.  I am beside myself!  I don't think I'll be able to sleep until I know when I'll get my training and can get started.  The phone call was basically my interview... it's weird having a phone interview without knowing it was going to happen, and being half asleep.  I hope I didn't sound totally moronic. LOL

I hope this works out.  I'm so excited!  I think I said that already... *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment